Werner Leiter is a partner and heads the service line tax. He has more than 25 years of experience with M&A transactions and tax advisory. He has been the lead partner on many M&A projects as well as numerous, significant audits, including listed corporations. Through his M&A activities he has extensive experience in domestic and cross-border tax reorganization projects. Furthermore he led many domestic and cross-border projects in optimizing pre- and after-acquisition situations.
As a consequence of his M&A activities he is active on the management board of numerous significant trusts.
His areas of expertise are
- national and international tax advisory
- transaction services
- listed companies
Werner studied at the University of Innsbruck and earned his business degree with a specialisation on business taxation and industrial management. Werner joined the predecessor company in 1989, since 1991 he acts as partner and managing director.
- professional groups in the network of Grant Thornton
- Austrian Chamber of chartered public accountants and tax consultants (Kammer der Wirtschaftstreuhänder – KWT)
- Institute of Austrian Chartered Accountants (Institut Österreichischer Wirtschaftsprüfer – IWP)
- Certified auditor
- Tax advisor
- Master’s degree in Business Administration
- Languages spoken: English, German