Christian Pajer is a partner at Grant Thornton Austria with more than 30 years of professional experience in advising companies in the paper and cardboard production, wood production and wood processing industries. He also specializes in food production, service companies and private foundations.
His main activities include the auditing of financial statements of listed companies as well as international accounting. His areas of expertise also include system testing. Since 2017, he has been responsible for risk management at Grant Thornton Austria.
Christian Pajer is an active member of the Quality Assurance Working Group at the Institute of Austrian Certified Public Accountants (iwp) and of the Company Law and Audit Committee at the Austrian Chamber of Tax Advisors and Public Accountants (KSW) respectively. From 2017 to 2021, Mr. Pajer was Vice President of the iwp. As of January 2022, he is Chairman of the Quality Review Commission, set up at the Austrian Audit Oversight Authority.
He joined the company in 1991, has been a partner since 1993 and Managing Director since 1996. He holds a masters degree from the Vienna University of Economics and Business Administration.
- registered Quality Inspector pursuant to § 10 A-QSG
- member of professional expert groups at the Austrian Chamber of chartered public accountants and tax consultants (Kammer der Wirtschaftstreuhänder – KWT)
- member of the Department for Company Law and Audit of the Austrian chamber of public accountants and tax consultants (Kammer der Wirtschaftstreuhänder – KWT)
- Institute of Austrian Chartered Accountants (Institut Österreichischer Wirtschaftsprüfer – IWP)
- Certified auditor
- Tax advisor
- Master’s degree in Business Administration
- Languages spoken: English, German