The experts at Grant Thornton Austria provide support in all tax matters.
The globalisation of the flow of goods is constantly increasing. At the same time, country-specific rules must be observed in the area of sales tax.
In theory, turnover tax is tax-neutral for you as an entrepreneur. Nevertheless, VAT is increasingly becoming the focus of attention of domestic and foreign tax authorities. A large number of divergent decisions by national and international courts, changing requirements for proof and reporting obligations, their complexity and intricacy, increasingly international circumstances, as well as a large number of regular legal changes and the connection to formalities make VAT law one of the most confusing and complicated tax matters in almost all countries.
Often companies run the risk that the actually cost-neutral sales tax will eventually become a significant cost factor. In addition, Austrian fiscal criminal law, especially in the area of value-added tax, provides for extremely strict penalties. For example, deliberate tax fraud is punishable by a prison sentence of up to 2 years. We at Grant Thornton help you to minimize the costs and at the same time ensure your compliance.
We offer you:
- Value Added Tax - Health Checks to check your value added tax processes
- Advice on cross-border series and triangular transactions
- Advice on corporate bodies and holding structures
- Accompanying optimization of existing service relationships from a sales tax perspective;
- Advice on transfer prices and IT and the change of distribution structures (supply chain management)
- Support during tax audits and special VAT audits
- Representation before tax authorities
- Support with input tax refund applications in EU and third countries
- In-house training courses tailored to your needs
- Sales tax registrations abroad
- Support in fulfilling VAT return obligations at home and abroad.
- In addition, we are happy to assess complex VAT structures for less specialised colleagues in the legal field as "consultants for consultants".
Do you have any questions about our services or would you like to learn more about our services in this area? Send us an inquiry or contact your contact person.
PartnerGet in touch